1. Each and every part of Australia is within a distance of 1000km from ocean or a beach.
2. 30,028 square km of land is under cattle ranch. This area size is almost the same as that of the whole Belgium.
3. People of Queensland in Australia are called "Banana Benders", and "Sand Gropers" is the name given to the people from Western Australia.
4. There are nearly 20,000,000 people in Australia, of which approximately 80% live in cities next to the sea.
5. Australia has, probably, the lowest population density of any country in the world, ie, 2 people per square km. Japan has 327 people/2km.
6. The area of Australia that is covered by snow in winter is larger than the area of Switzerland.
7. 70% of the world's wool comes from Australia. We have over 126,000,000 sheep, which use fully half the continent for grazing.
8. The longest fence in the world is in Australia, and it runs for over 5,530 kms. It's designed to keep dingoes away from the sheep.
9. The wine cask, the ubiquitous plastic bag full of wine contained in a cardboard box, was invented in Australia in 1967.
10. The world's longest golf course, measuring more than 850 miles long is located in Australia.